|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Traits are on a scale of 1 to 10
- Family Support
- Professional Development
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Software Engineering Manager Overview:
- responsible for working in coordination with the product owner in planning as well coordinating software projects.
- ensures that the team members have access to required products, resources and technical specifications to deliver effectively.
- responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems being developed.
Success in the role requires an innovative mind, good people management skills, a proven track record of delivering complex software products, and a passion for creating market-leading software. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering for the CAP program, which is a new and innovative cloud-based business automation platform.
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Lead software engineering teams in an agile environment leveraging current best engineering practices to deliver large, complex software development projects that require parallel work streams.
- Manage teams to drive overall performance and efficiency, utilizing a modern DevOps software development pipeline.
- Guide and mentor team on modern software techniques, specifically .NET, as well as facilitate interaction with the existing software development teams.
- Ensure all development projects are delivered on time and budget and ensure effective communication by producing effective project management artifacts.
- Must have proven, practical experience with implementing the latest technologies and technical trends in the industry and a strong engineering and technology background – ability to go deep into the technology with code reviews, design, and architectural patterns/anti-patterns.
- Works closely with the Director, Software Development to budget for and hire additional staff.
- Experience with managing a team of 10+ developers and quality engineers is a must.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of overall professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing software development teams and projects using .NET, document DB and microservice technologies.
- The following technical skills are required:
- Scale and performance testing
- Application SDK and/or development kit development
- The following technical skills are a plus:
- MS Azure DevOps tool
- MS Azure
- Microservices, RESTful API’s
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.