|Date Posted||October 2, 2018|
As the pioneer and world leader of the oil-free centrifugal compressor product category with its award winning Variable Speed, Magnetic Bearing Compressors, Danfoss Turbocor is dedicated to the design, manufacture, marketing and support of the world’s most efficient commercial refrigerant compressors specifically designed for the HVAC industry.
The Software and Electronics Department is starting an ambitious project shifting from a product specific solution into multi-product platform and has an opportunity for a Software Engineering Intern. In this multi-phased plan, our team will design a cross product platform to support all existing products while allowing for expandability in support of future products in our compass. The Software Engineering team will develop an entire new code baseline for the embedded controls (e.g., bearing control, motor control, PID, etc.) and customer experience. The customer experience side will include heavy focus on mobile/web interfaces while establishing the foundation for future expansion into the intelligent Internet of Things (IoT). The Intern selected for this position will work side by side with the team of engineers developing PC tools, test code, testing and product feature development.
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities:
The student will be given specific development assignments working on some or all the steps of a Full Software Development Life Cycle: requirements definition, test procedure definition, design, implementation, verification activities, documentation, deployment and maintenance.
- Perform maintenance on existing PC and Embedded Software products.
- Implement PC based tools (primarily in C#) and embedded software and unit tests (primarily in C).
- Work collaboratively within the team.
- Participate in new technology research and development projects as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled and actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer sciences
- Must be a candidate for graduation within the next 3-8 months
- Must have successfully completed basic courses in Programming, Data Structures, C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Candidate must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Other preferred skills: Basic knowledge of Modbus communication protocol, RS-485 bus communications, SPI Bus communications, Linux application development
The application process will remain open until the position has been filled.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.