|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
Ortho is seeking a Software Engineering Intern for our 2019 Summer Intern Program. As a Software Engineering Intern at Ortho, you will collaborate with cross functional teams of Engineers and have the opportunity to gain hands on experience designing and developing software to support the development of our next generation of instruments.
- Developing or modifying software modules for Windows and UNIX based operating systems to demonstrate proof of concept.
- Implementing data mining tools, techniques and algorithms to pre-process and analyze instrument data.
- Creating automated tests or automated testing techniques to increase test coverage of the system under test.
- Developing tools to automate processes using a scripting language such as LUA.
- Writing software requirements, usage instructions and test documentation.
- Performing additional tasks of similar scope as assigned.
- Graduate/Undergraduate in the Field of Study of Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Strong knowledge of a high level language like C++
- Proficiency using scripting languages such as Perl and LUA
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries in both to parse common configuration formats (XML, JSON, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of *Nix based (preferably QNX) programming tools, including gcc, gdb and make.
- Good communication and documentation skills, including generation of design considerations and tradeoffs
- Ability to read, follow and modify uncommented code and not get frustrated, while improving quality of code
- Ability to read circuit diagrams a plus, to understand connections and control utilized by Subsystem code.
- Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]