|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
Software Engineering Manager
Basic Purpose of Position: Plans and directs project team to attain cost, schedule and performance goals for design of complex medical devices. This position is responsible for both engineering efforts and all customer interactions from proposal generation to final project delivery. Interfaces with customers to identify scope of the project and communicate progress in a timely manner to successfully achieve project goals.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
● Direct the software development activities for all projects within department maintaining cost, schedule and delivery goals.
● Designs and architects solutions for a customer utilizing knowledge of development platforms, operating systems, networks, peripherals of general and specific nature, software tools and applications. Molds initial concepts into a fully developed cohesive strategy for complete medical device.
● Decision authority regarding the technology needs for projects. Resolves technical questions and addresses project issues that may arise.
● Perform software development, document creation and project review tasks when needed.
● Communicates concisely and professionally with a wide range of people at the customer organization. Provide regular status reports to customer.
● Foster open and effective communication with staff within Sparton.
● Provide technical support to sales process including project estimating, project risk management and proposal writing.
● Responsible for the quality and timeliness of project deliverables for all projects within the department. Creates and maintains project schedule.
● Maintain adherence to Sparton Quality Management System processes on all projects.
● Maintain P&L responsibility for projects and department.
● Responsible for supervisory and administrative activities of department such as approving timesheets and performing annual performance reviews.
● Develop staff capabilities and lead the growth of the department incorporating best practices, current development tools and techniques.
● Maintain staff utilization at/above goals.
● Understand, identify and maintain applicable tools, techniques and trends in use in the industry and provide leadership in their use for the betterment of the department.
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.