|Date Posted||July 17, 2018|
VP, Software Engineering - 7039
The VP, Software Engineering will join our client’s small, engineering team. You will lead the team that delivers well engineered and implemented solutions to their customers quickly and reliably. In this role, you will manage their client’s day-to-day development and operations, grow the technical team as needed to support company goals, and stay ahead of a 100% per year usage growth curve. Since this is a small team, you will need to wear many hats to get the job done. We are looking for people who are willing to work in a fast paced environment and keep up with the demands of the team.
The VP, Software Engineering role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in RTP, NC. This opportunity comes with a competitive base salary, bonus, equity play and phenomenal benefits. Our client has had amazing growth over the last year. You should be passionate about scaling their applications and the teams that build them. You should be borderline obsessive about automated testing and infrastructure as code, and committed to maintaining an environment where skilled engineers can thrive. If you want to be part of a truly passionate team and thrive on great technology, this might be the challenge you are seeking. Our client has a stellar leadership team and the team has tenure with the company which speaks volumes about the leadership team. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Technical Responsibilities of the VP, Engineer:
- Overseeing development of client’s applications
- Managing and providing technical leadership for software development, QA, infrastructure, and operations
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new technical team members
- Managing third-party/outsourced development partners
- Collaborating with CTO to manage technical product roadmap and allocate budget
- Willingness to contribute to code 20 – 30% of the time
Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of experience of technical leadership in building highly scalable, 24/7 available web applications
- Must have been a ‘people manager’ for the last 5 years as well as been involved in the code
- Experience recruiting for software development, QA, and operations positions
- Experience deploying production web applications on Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Linux, web server and database administration, Jenkins or similar CI/automation tools, Puppet or similar system automation tools, unit/integration/full-stack testing tools, and logging/monitoring tools
- Experience with our technical stack (LAMP and Node.js backends, Ember.js frontend) is strongly preferred
- BS or post-baccalaureate degree in computer science or related field is strongly preferred
- Practical experience with serverless/microservice environments is a plus
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Contact Martha Michaux at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or (919)981-6200 x314 with questions regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.