|Date Posted||March 20, 2019|
Healthcare Optics Research Laboratory is a division of Canon U.S.A., Inc. The research laboratory is located in Cambridge, MA and will be the home of skilled employees dedicated to developing biomedical optical imaging and medical robotics technologies with the ultimate goal of bringing to market medical devices for a variety of applications. The areas the technology will address include detection of cardiovascular disease, brain-functional imaging, robotics-assisted surgery and miniature endoscopy. Canon U.S.A. is working in conjunction with its parent company, Canon Inc., on this endeavor.
Canon Healthcare Optics Research Laboratory is currently seeking a Biomedical/Software Engineering Trainee to assist in software and system testing of prototype components and assemblies for medical robotic devices. This position is a temporary assignment on or about July 1, 2019 through December 27, 2019.
- Perform software and system testing of prototype components and assemblies.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend possible design changes based on testing results.
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Develop software test tool specifications
- Review, analyze and report experiments using medical images
- Conduct software testing and debugging.
- Perform basic analysis using Matlab, python and/or Excel.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists to coordinate daily activities and goals.
- Build and improve software test environments.
- Present test results in team meetings using PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Education: BS or BS expected in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience Required: Good understanding of software, design, programming and testing of devices.
- Required skills in basic analysis tools such as Matlab and Excel.
- Programming skills (C, C++, Python)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to others in different functions, at various levels.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE