|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
Title: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: Contract to Hire
- The Director of Engineering will be a hands-on technical leader with our full stack of technologies providing direction and leadership to the technical team/s.
- Provide leadership and management to assure the team achieves product development goals that supports company business objectives.
- Create an environment that maximizes team retention and job satisfaction.
- Participate in the overall management of the entire engineering team.
- Provide stakeholder visibility and clarity of the teams goals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop an engineering team.
- Participate in the global management of the entire engineering team Implement Agile processes and practices as established in the engineering team
- Promote and train engineers in engineering best practices
- Provide architectural and technical guidance for team members
- Work directly with Product Management to translate requirements into concrete implementation plans
- Provide career growth opportunities and guidance to team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technology field such as Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration is a plus..
- 5+ years’ experience with cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and digital landscape..
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of engineers. Strong foundation in software architecture and design
Director - Resource Development