|Location||West Melbourne, FL|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
Role Summary / Purpose
The Director of a software engineering group provides technical leadership and strategic functional leadership for the Train Performance (TP) Offboard team. She/he has to set the vision for new product ideas in the digital solutions domain. She/he should be able to establish unique identity for TP Offboard team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to create new opportunities. She / he has to lead / manage multiple global agile software engineering teams and senior architects and program managers to ensure day to day execution, life-cycle management and career development.
The Director will be responsible for leading the Train Performance Offboard team. In this role, she/he will:
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem resolution.
- Build a world class software development team to support solution development and system integration
- Drive innovation and growth through opportunity creating and business alignment.
- Set the vision for new product ideas by working with the Product management team. Influence the strategy for relevant business areas such as PaaS, Analytics, and API economy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Solution Architecture, Product Management, Program Management, Services, and other central teams to create new opportunities and unique solution.
- Manage strategic business partnerships and relationships through Technical, Financial, Contractual and Relationship Management.
- Drive focus on Quality, defect detection, reliability, response time and automation.
- Work with senior business leaders and product owners to manage program definition, execution, launch and support; defining and executing against multi generation software technology plans
- Drive efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse; support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
- Make the Offboard team more visible, by developing and evangelizing their capabilities.
- Create more synergy with other teams in Train Performance and beyond.
- Advance technical and leadership expertise through coaching, mentoring, grooming, training and role creation.
- Identify and nurture potential team members to be next generation leaders.
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms and drive a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and the team. Ensure team receives consistent messages related to business direction, results and strategy.
- Plan and manage relevant budgets, exercise program expenses control.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent, with strong background in software development or higher qualification.
- A minimum of 15+ years of professional experience in Software Development.
- At least 5+ years of experience in leading a large technical team to deliver products or services.
- Thorough knwolegde of Software Development Life Cycle principles
- Thorough working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and best practices
- Good understanding of full stack platform concepts, Cloud technologies and tools.
- Good understanding of Platform Integration strategies by developing applications and framework.
- Has past experience of defining product vision. Lays out product roadmap. Maps current requirements to industry trends, analyses competition trends
- Have Deep understanding of architecture principles and methods, technology and standards, actively stays abreast of trends and standards, recommend best practices and share learning.
- Should have prior experience of developing products in Java, J2EE, Database, Operating systems like Linux, Windows, Unix.
- Strong mentoring and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to independently work with multiple global stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation.
- Expert at practicing Agile methodology, and experience with practice of Scaled Agile Framework ® is desirable.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Hands on Experience on Train Performance products.
- Working knowledge of new product development & introduction (NPI), DFSS, DFR, & GLO/DS Tollgate processes.
- Exposure to work with multi location and global teams specially in North American region.
- Demonstrate Leadership, communication, & interpersonal skills while doing day to day job.