|Date Posted||June 29, 2019|
Title: Engineer, Software Engineering (Specialty)
Location: O''Fallon, Missouri
Duration: 12 Months
This IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Engineer is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of Client ITIL-based global ITSM process framework. This ITSM Process Engineer is responsible for evangelizing, enforcing, monitoring, measuring, and continually improving one or more process areas. This position actively engages with internal technology teams and service provider teams to ensure that staff and tool sets are equipped for efficient and effective execution of assigned ITIL processes.
This position will primarily focus on Change Management processes but may also include Service Request Management processes. This position requires an intense focus on customer experience, data quality, and being an evangelist of Client best practices. Reporting to the Director of ITSM Process Engineering, this position serves as part of an ITSM team that works in close partnership with Client operations and technology teams to drive operational excellence and continual improvement.
• Do you enjoy learning new concepts and processes?
• Are you proactive when you spot issues of concerns, and motivated to help solve them?
• Are you a team player, but can also work on your own when needed to deliver strong results?
• Can you present recommendations and results on best practices, as well as share learnings for the greater good of the organization?
• Do you excel in a fast-paced and demanding, but rewarding environment?
• Can you thrive within a constantly-changing environment and deliver quality work?
• Can you manage multiple projects and deadlines because you''re excellent at prioritization?
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• Act as a subject matter expert in various ITSM Processes, supporting other functions and roles as needed
• Provide instruction, guidance and trouble-shooting assistance with BMC Remedy Smart IT
• Help create and document governance for the processes that benefit the organization and focus on quality improvement
• Act with both a sense of urgency and strong commitment to quality
• Provide regular reporting on the status of projects in flight
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience.
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Strong ability to work on your own, but also work as part of a team.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Java, SQL, Python, Perl, or Ruby.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Experience with BMC''s Remedy Smart IT or Remedy Administration is a plus.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)