|Date Posted||September 18, 2019|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for engineering to support call recording (audio and screen) within the Genesys Platform
- Understanding of core CIC architecture, switchover processes, upgrade procedures
- Ability to design and implement interaction flows in Interaction Attendant
- Ability to design and implement customizations in Interaction Designer
- Understanding of workforce management concepts
- Understanding of speech analytics concepts
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Familiarity with networking concepts and troubleshooting preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge with MS SQL database programming preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge in the GenesysPureConnect (formally Interactive Intelligence) platform (or equivalent knowledge in the GenesysPureEngage platform) preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.