|Date Posted||November 2, 2019|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for supporting a run/ build team for NPHS Manufacturing Systems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business partners/customers
- Ability to work in manufacturing systems.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 4+ years working in manufacturing systems (MM, WM, QM, PP-PI, PM, etc.)
- Working knowledge with SAP Purchase Order and Invoicing processes
- Full life cycle implementation experience using ASAP methodology
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Exposure or working knowledge OF SAP financials (AR, AP, FI) a plus
- HANA studio knowledge a plus
- Agile methodology experience a plus
- Business experience related to manufacturing a plus
- SAP S/4HANA knowledge a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.