|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
The Senior Software Systems Engineer will be focused on implementing and supporting applications in the Quality and Regulatory (QRA) and Sustainable Technologies (ST) functional space. QRA applications include SmartSolve and Samarind in the regulated Medical Device businesses, and Sustainable Technologies Order Web Portal for the ST business.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for working closely with the managed services partner, external consultants, internal business teams and internal shared IT teams to understand requirements, and elaborate requirements into technical solutions for QRA and ST platforms.
- Serve as an internal technical subject matter expert and face of the application team for technical development requirements.
- Technologies include .NET, SOAP, REST, SQL, Angular JS, HTML 5, Java Script, AWS, GCP.
- Ensuring applications are under change control including creation of detailed technical design documents in an FDA validated environment
- Willing and able to work with onshore and offshore teams
- 5+ years of experience in designing .NET or Java based server-side applications (database, job processing, batch processing) preferred
- Strong experience in product development and agile development processes - coding modules as needed
- Experience working with SOAP, REST based API’s, SQL or MySQL DB’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- Experience working in an FDA validated environment a plus
- Familiarity with GCP, AWS preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models especially around implementing automation
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Travel Percentage: 15-20%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.