|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2019|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Programming/ Troubleshooting
- Maintain AWS infrastructure for mscripts
- Design/enhance the hosting architecture keeping in mind high availability, scalability and costs
- Ensure that all services are available 24x7. Design and deliver tools to support 27x7 availability and monitoring.
- Resolve any critical production issues whenever they occur (24x7). Be available on nights and weekends to support/manage production issues if they occur.
- Manage tasks/deliverables of other infrastructure team members
- Review and augment backup strategy on an on-going basis
- Plan/implement disaster recovery strategies
- Work with India team on communicating strategies for enhancing infrastructure on an ongoing basis.
- Enhance the existing DevOps (Jenkins) process and systems
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Understand the business, domain and the product architecture so that he/she can effectively contribute to product design from an infrastructure and deployment perspective
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience with AWS technologies like EC2, RDS (and MySQL on EC2) and other AWS cloud services like S3, ElastiCache, Cloud Watch Route53, Cloud Front, VPC, SES, IAM etc.
- Experience e in application security, vulnerability testing; related tools like Nessus, Nexpose, Qualys, nmap, metasploit, sqlmap.
- Experience in highly scalable infrastructure design using AWS auto scaling and other related features
- Experience in development and maintenance of infrastructure monitoring tools/services
- Strong shell scripting and networking skills
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
San Francisco Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.