|Date Posted||April 23, 2019|
***This position can be based in Dallas, TX or Memphis, TN***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for driving adoption of development standard methodologies along with managing a team of dynamic software engineers to ensure efficiency, hiring and onboarding engineers, mentoring and educating engineers, and focusing on building a positive development culture to power delivery of Hilton web technology. You will collaborate with the Product, Design, and Architecture team to drive efficiency, standards, and maintain architectural integrity of Web technology.
More specifically, you will:
- You will promote acceptance of standard methodologies and adhere to core software engineering principles.
- You will form positive partnerships with product leadership to verify engineers are applying these principles and provide the opportunity for improvements and immediate feedback when needed.
- You will have a chance to create and build a metrics and code review process to track efficiency and standard methodology adoption and provide business insight to leadership periodically.
Ensure Software Engineering Works Efficiently
- You will monitor development efficiency through metrics and product team feedback, intended to give direction back to product managers and developers on the best course of action as it pertains to engineers.
- You will team up with office space managers to ensure spaces are customized to provide optimal work environment for software engineers and solicit continual feedback from product and engineering. We believe work environment plays a meaningful role in productivity.
Facilitate Recruiting, Onboarding, Training, Coaching, and Career Development of Software Engineers
- You will recruit, onboard, train, coach, and provide career development.
- You will attract new talent by attending and contributing to meetups, functions, and conferences as well as establish a unique and innovative technology software engineering culture which will be important to put Hilton top of mind in the development communities.
Demonstrate Effective Leadership Communication
- You will have a solid grasp of business objectives and be able to translate what engineers are working on to those related business objectives.
- You will ensure the work is being framed up appropriately by Product to deliver goals and timelines at a high level.
- You will elevate issues as necessary to leadership.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Organized, enthusiastic, and hardworking
- Strong committed personality to enforce architecture principles and set teams up for success
- Ability to thrive in a high paced creative and dynamic environment
- Experience with large e-commerce and digital delivery
- Capability to effectively balance multiple platforms, teams, assignments and priorities
- Capability to Work with Multi-functional Teams
- Aptitude to Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Self-Starter with ability to Work in Fast Pace environment with Focus and Precision
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Six (6) Years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Two (2) Years of Management/Supervisory Experience
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices and Strong Working Knowledge of Principles for Architecture
- Solid grasp and experience in Agile Methodology
- Ability to travel 25%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Eight (8) years of Software Engineering experience
- Four (4) years of Management/Supervisory experience
- Two (2) years of React/GraphQL experience
- Two (2) years of AWS Related experience
- Deep understanding and experience with Customer Facing Web and API Technologies
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!