|Date Posted||September 30, 2019|
Did you know that cutting edge workwith Top Engineers is just a short commute from Southern Maryland andFredericksburg VA?Â Avoid the DC commute and join our Engineering team inKing George, VA.Â
Vectrusbrings over 30 yearsâ worth of electromagnetic spectrum engineering experienceto manage and promote the efficient use of radio frequencies through research,development, testing, and evaluation for federal, commercial, and internationalclients. We provide consistent, cost-effective service solutions to U.S.government and commercial customers around the world. These solutions aredesigned to power our programs, enabling customer satisfaction and earning theirtrust every day. We operate in a highly dynamic global environment, so thereare constantly changing opportunities for career development and advancement.We are seeking innovative engineers who can bring fresh ideas to the table andseek new challenges
We have an opening for a full-time SeniorSoftware Engineering Lead in Dahlgren, Virginia.Â This individual lead a softwareteam responsible for investigating, designing, implementing, and testingsoftware in a rapid prototyping environment on an exciting project for the U.S.Navy.Â This position requires the ability toobtain a DoD SECRET level or higher clearance. This position offers anextremely competitive salary, vacation and benefits package. You will have theopportunity to work in a fast paced, exciting environment, collaborating withother team members to rapidly innovate, produce and field excellentsoftware.Â
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Work closely with our customer and other stakeholders to establish software requirements and develop plans and roadmaps.
- Help guide the team to gain an initial understanding of the desired solution, and iteratively develop and refine the software to achieve a usable, high quality result.
- Collaborate in our Agile/Scrum software development process.
- Develop software documentation (we try to keep it to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil).
- Have the ability and interest to learn new technologies.
- Travel, if required, to provide technical assistance to USN fleet personnel.
- Possess strong software engineering skills and understanding of the software engineering process.
- Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements and expectations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Able to mentor and guide more junior team members.
- Able to interact professionally with a diverse group including managers, developers, subject matter experts, and USN personnel who use our software.
- Possess excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.Â
Education and/or ExperienceRequirements:
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science (BSCS) is required; Masterâs degree in Computer Science (MSCS) is a plus.Â
- Candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of software development experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a team lead or similar role. Â
- Candidate must have at least 5 yearsâ experience collaborating directly with DoD or related customers.
- C experience required
- Software development experience on both Linux and Windows operating systems preferred
- Web-based experience using various technologies such as ASP.NET, JavaSript/TypeScript, SignalR/Websockets, single page application frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue), and user interface libraries (e.g. Material and Kendo) desirable
- RDBMS orÂ big data experience desirable
- Experience with containerized web services like Docker desirable.