|Location||Simi Valley, CA|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2019|
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Software Engineering Intern will join the Group Software Engineering department, working in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies and learn from one another. As this department provides a software development service to Meggitt’s businesses worldwide, roles in this team have the opportunity to work with a wide range of airborne equipment, from fire detection and suppression systems to standby flight display systems.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Design, develop, integrate and test safety-critical software applications using model-based development tools
- Develop drivers for embedded devices including sensors, actuators and peripherals
- Author design documentation
Education: Minimum 3 years of study towards a post-secondary degree in Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Experience in embedded software design, coding and debugging, ideally using an established configuration/version management tool
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with embedded C
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ideally, knowledge of interface and communication protocols (e.g. CAN, SPI or I2C)
- Practice experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with a skilled team of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with professional engineers working with some of the biggest companies in the aerospace and defense industry
- Opportunities to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].