|Date Posted||April 18, 2019|
Software Engineering, Health Care Informatics Internship - Bothell, WA
Internships are a great way for university students to learn about a technology or product they are passionate about while gaining practical work experience in a corporate environment. At FUJIFILM SonoSite, we are committed to finding talented students who share our passion for medical device technology and this internship reflects that commitment! We have the opportunity, you have the talent! Read on to learn more about what we are looking for and if you think you’ve got what it takes to be successful in this role, apply today!
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
FUJIFILM Sonosite is seeking a motivated, resourceful, and ambitious student intern to assist in Software Engineering duties within Health Care Informatics Software Engineering. The position will introduce the student to a variety of new software engineering development practices and procedures such as Agile. The student will be training directly under the primary Principal / Architect for a new Web Informatics product.
The primary goal of this internship to be able to take the knowledge gained in one’s education and apply that knowledge to the real life experience. This is an exciting, and unique, internship that will allow the student to learn and partake in the following items below:
- Web Application / Micro Services & Software Engineering Development through JAVA & C#
- Console / Hardware Engineering through C# an C++
- Software Building, Testing, and Verification Practices
- Infrastructure Setup through Virtual Machines, System Architecture Design
- Exposure to enterprise Design Patterns
- Exposure to Health Care Informatics Protocols and Network Communication Architecture
- Technical Documentation Creation and Process
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn and apply knowledge gained from education to real-life experiences.
- Support Principal / Software Architect in Web & Service / Console Application Development & Design.
- Assist in minor Documentation writing for work that is done.
- Assist in Software testing and functionality verification.
- Being open to learn in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A completed semester or quarter of an Introduction to Computer Science or Software Engineering course. This also may include outside additional training, given that the student’s path is Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge in both Object Oriented and Non-Object Oriented Software Development Languages for at least one the following: JAVA, C#, HTML5, and C – other languages are acceptable as well.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge in Web Application protocols such as HTTP & TCP.
- Basic knowledge in web communication such as JSON.
- Basic understanding of Database Systems is a plus.
- Basic understanding in Virtual Servers, Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems are a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Communication and Writing Skills.
- Open to direction and following procedures.
- Resourceful in finding answers with minimal direction.
- Committed to continually learning and growing his or her knowledge in Computer Science.
*** Please submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.***
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.