|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||April 1, 2019|
Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager for a contract-to-hire role in Las Vegas, NV.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead development team to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software.
- Continuously review and improve the application technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Interface with business partners to understand business needs and transform into appropriate scoped solutions.
- Manage application production support and prevent recurring issues.
- Lead architecture, design, and requirement sessions and produce appropriate documentation as required.
- Maintain a set of best practices to facilitate consistent development deliverables on team.
- Be hands on with application technology when required.
- All supervisory functions including performance management of staff.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of management experience, managing a team of 5+ web developers, including HR functions (coaching, performance evaluation, corrective action)
- 5+ years of experience with project and resource prioritization, developing strategic project roadmaps and working directly with business clients
- 5+ years of experience with a formal SDLC methodology, managing web application projects and developing SDLC artifacts
- 7+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture (REST/SOAP, Web API, WCF)
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server or other modern IDE and version control system such as GIT
- Experience working in a DevOps environment following CI / CD principles
- Experience working within a team that follows an agile / scrum development methodology
- Solid teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with partners, employees and leadership
- Healthcare experience