|Date Posted||April 19, 2019|
Development Managers function within an Agile development environment by managing the activity of one or more development teams in meeting the objectives of developing products that will bring healthcare and technologies together to transform healthcare into a safer and more cost effective industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Servant Leader responsible for managing/coaching agile software development teams in delivery of software products to market.
- Partners with stakeholders and the development team to establish a product roadmap and ensures there is a shared understanding of product/business requirements.’
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure the team is producing a solution that meets established standards, procedures and practices
- Collaborates with stakeholders to aggressively address issues, risks and mitigation plans
- Ensures that software development teams have the resources in place that they need to deliver software products.
- Work with team to estimate and size work, establishes and maintains a burn up against milestones.
- Partners with stakeholders to establish and manage expectations around milestones and schedule.
- Provide coaching on the adoption and improvement of agile/lean management and engineering practices on teams.
- Encourage collaboration and proactively seek opportunities to improve collaboration
- Tracks and ensures visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the Iteration and release
- Assists with internal and external communication by transparently radiating information, especially relative to historical team metrics, progress towards Iteration and release goals, and team capacity
- Optimizes, increases and sustains throughput; ensuring prioritization of work by value and risk
- Is collaborative in driving decisions and team behavior, guarding against making decisions and assignments for the team and instead creates and environment where teams have the context needed to make the best decision
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, the outcomes are achieved and their cadence is maintained
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements
- Coordinates release and sprint planning.
- Assists team members with career management and human resources issues.
- Coaches and manages individual performance of team members.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Bachelor's in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of management/leadership experience in delivering software products in an agile software development methodology.
- Has significant experience coaching multiple teams as a servant leader to achieve measurable and sustainable improvements in speed to market, quality, team engagement and customer delight
- Expert in Agile practices with the proven ability to coach teams and stakeholders in practice adoption and maturity
- Hands-on experience in the proactive, passionate improvement of software development process and practices to optimize business value delivery
- Experience with distributed development teams which span multiple geographies, time zones and cultures
- Strongly preferred to have direct experience in a Web, Java, XML, RDBMS development environment
- Must have experience overseeing multiple development teams from 4 - 12 team members
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilize initiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results with minimal supervision
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposing creative, innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Must possess excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived
- Must have hands-on experience and a thorough understanding of agile software development
- A record of successful delivery of software products as an individual, team leader, and/or development manager.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.