|Date Posted||April 20, 2019|
IT management professionals, take your career to the next level by bringing your technical and leadership expertise to some of the nation's top companies. Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to clients who are looking for IT Managers. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews.
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace. If you have a strong technology and leadership background and are ready for a rewarding new challenge, let Vaco help you to make it happen. Apply today!
Software Engineering Managers are responsible for the continual improvement of themselves, the teams they manage, and the organization as a whole. They drive software quality, design, development, deployment, and customer service excellence. This role emphasizes four critical areas necessary for the success of the organization. These are employees, customers, quality, and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures team is adequately staffed, resourced, and trained to successfully fulfill that responsibility.
- Define clear vision and goals of team that continually challenge them to stretch and grow as a team.
- Responsible for forming teams through recruiting and staffing efforts to balance experience, skills, personalities, etc. to create the ideal team dynamic.
- Hold regular staff meetings to inform employees and manage expectations.
- Continually evaluate individual contributions to teams and actively manage for team health: coaching, encouraging, providing training opportunities, administering disciplinary action, relocating, hiring, retaining, and firing.
- Hold regular one-on-ones to understand career development goals of team members, provide feedback, and update professional development plan to grow the individual.
- Complete and administer annual performance reviews.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management preferred.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology.
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies preferred.
- Experience leading projects and/or teams in a software development environment.
- Experience leading and managing individuals including hiring, performance reviews, coaching and mentoring.