|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, designing and developing software systems for all core business functions surrounding expedited freight management in a 24/7 Third-Party Logistics (3PL) environment. You’ll find yourself immersed in a forward-thinking environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a technical group responsible for developing software, conducting unit testing and working with assigned QA staff/project managers to coordinate/assist with user testing procedures
- Develop documentation as needed
- Consult with other Software Engineering Managers, Infrastructure/Network Managers and Project Managers to evaluate database designs, system structures, interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall systems
- Assist with the development of technical and documentation standards
- Work with on-site or internal team members to review problems, define and test solutions, and develop reports for user management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to perform complex analyses of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems
- Development experience with SQL Server 2008 or later
- T-SQL stored procedures experience
- Knowledge of Source Code Control (Team Foundation Server)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience and interaction with other technical and nontechnical personnel and familiarity with the standard concepts, practices and procedures within this particular field, preferably covering most areas of the Software Development Life Cycle
- MCSA/MCSD certifications
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.