|Location||Santa Clarita, CA|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2019|
The Opportunity | Software Engineering Manager
As a technical specialist, plans, directs and controls the activities of the software development and test functions for software enhancements and new products and provide technical leadership within the company.
- Manages software designers and development teams involved in the design, development and test of complex software, assigns tasks, and reviews results.
- Manages, tracks and oversees software and product development projects and ensures that development follows all applicable development standards, practices and procedures and is within the cost and schedule targets with high quality.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities within the software development life cycle including new processes and practices, tools and methods.
- May participate in bid management activities such as developing technical proposals and providing detailed costs and schedule estimates for software development projects.
- May be responsible for recruitment, supplier management, customer and regulatory authority support/liaison as well as performing delegated department wide general engineering management activities.
- Bachelor degree in the technical field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering). Master's Degree preferred.
- 7+ years in software development industry
- 5+ years as a developer
- Previous experience managing software development teams
- Competencies in: computer architecture, development of safety-critical real-time embedded software, engineering process discipline, earned value management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and Management skills
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.