|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
Software Engineering Manager | Cary, NC
Top 3 Core Attributes
1. Technical leader with strong communication, proven experience with driving and execution.
2. Strategic thinker with technical depth to effectively manage development team and to collaborate with partners, vendors to deliver quality code while striving for excellence.
3. Tenacious and focused with the ability to assimilate quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- We are looking for a highly motivated Tech Delivery Manager to lead the design, development of the next generation Sales and Serving platforms for ***.
- These global platforms will Client the foundation for the overall digital strategy for the company.
- This strong communicator with proven experience will driving and execute delivery of these platforms to *** locations, partners and subsidiaries worldwide. As a strategic thinker with technical depth this person will collaborate with partners, vendors and scale the platforms' development and adoption.
- Responsible for managing multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for a business segment.
- Provide technical solutions to business requirements and issues.
- Adhere to development schedules and ensure the delivered product meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Should work seamlessly with architects and development team(s) in elaborating the solution and translating them into design artifacts, specifications that the development team can understand and execute. Individual should be technical and able to help and guide team(s) to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
- Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques.
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business.
- Advises application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Assists in developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs
- Defining best practices for team keeping long term vision in mind
- Reports out the status of project(s) assigned
- Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development
- Ensure vendor performance and deliverables meet contract specifications
- Attracts and develops talent to enhance the team's effectiveness
- Accurate time accounting and reporting of own work
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager
- Minimum 8+ years of design and development experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a manager or lead
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of RESTful architecture, RESTful APIs, SOA and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Core Java, J2EE and Design Patterns
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and apply abstract design concepts
- Demonstrated interpersonal and consultative skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be able to provide effort estimates and plan for required deliverables, projects
- Strong experience in software quality governance
- Excellent coordination skills to work with partners
£ Microservices (REST)
£ No SQL database
£ Test Driven Development