|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||August 14, 2019|
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to help us lead our supply chain and merchandising systems technology transformation. The Engineering Manager is one of the most critical roles in a successful software delivery team; possessing a broad variety of technical and soft skills, these leaders manage relationships, processes, and the performance of their teams, while simultaneously engaging with multiple levels of leadership within the broader organization.
We have a healthy mix of PaaS, legacy, and in-house technologies that work together to enable the full range of capabilities needed to successfully drive a retail business. Whether it's building scalable microservices to power a variety of experiences or integrating with third party solutions we do it all.
Our Software Engineering Managers lead agile software development lifecycle projects. They are accountable for qualitative delivery of software to meet the Scope, Quality, Time, and Budget requirements of critical technology transformation projects. They are responsible for team and people management.
This is both a technical and people management leadership role and the desired candidate will be technically proficient in supported technologies and be able to perform the work where needed. Candidates must have excellent platform instincts and communication skills coupled with a passion for delivering a world-class customer experience. Candidates will have a demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful software platform throughout its lifecycle. Candidates should have strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and have a track record of building successful teams.
Ideal candidates will have an expansive background in application development with at least 10 years demonstrated work experience, great analytical skills, strong business judgment, superb communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts and set priorities, and outstanding customer insight.
Objectives of the Role
* Manage all aspects of technical delivery of software services
* Provide technical solutions
* Manage resources and related capacity/demand
* Manage production support escalations
* Partner continuously with business and technical partners to deliver and grow the application roadmap
* Evolve, champion, and enforce Agile operating principles and processes
* Create strong operational processes
* Maintain system hygiene and adhere to compliance/regulatory processes
* Develop strong, trust-based relationships with critical internal and external partners and challenge them to continuously improve
You will routinely be:
* Partnering with program management on the articulation and ingestion of work for your team.
* Managing and adjusting the SDLC of your team and products.
* Supporting consulting engineering teams and business partners.
* Designing and architecting the more complex solutions your team tackles.
Preferred Technical Experience
* Agile/Scrum development methods
* Current technologies including: Java/J2EE, Cloud/IaaS/PaaS, SOA/Micro Services
* Deployment tools such as: Maven, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Junit, RLM, JIRA,
* Relational and non-Relational databases (e.g.: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo)
* Experience designing and supporting SpringBoot microservices
* Knowledge of CI/CD Pipeline and Behavior Driven Development
* Experience with multiple messaging protocols and tools such as REST, JMS, MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Solace
* Exposure to Linux Operating systems
* GCP/AWS, Netflix OSS