|Location||Huntington Beach, CA|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
As Engineering Manager, you'll be expected to demonstrate top-notch management of people, performance and process in order to ensure high quality work is consistently delivered within expected time-lines. It's expected that the Engineering Manager be the last stop for critical issues for their area of ownership and that they'll work with their teams to find a way to resolve them quickly and mitigate impact. The ideal candidate will be sharp, an excellent communicator, have a get it done attitude and instinctively know how much abstraction is appropriate. You will work with development teams and stakeholders to build and support a bullet-proof platform that delivers services across multiple applications at enterprise scale.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 3-7 engineers at all levels
- Foster career growth and a healthy work environment among direct reports
- Grow our technical team by hiring great engineers
- Own our companies data platform and cloud infrastructure
- Design and build APIs for delivering core services for multiple web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with Senior engineers on architecture
- Cultivate automated testing culture
- Ensure we're spending time architecting for the future where and when we need to
- Identify areas of technical debt and do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt
- Architect and optimize applications to minimize infrastructure cost
- Participate in after-hours production support and scheduling
- Ensure the team is writing efficient, clean, readable, fast, testable, documented, code and systems
- Squash critical bugs and solve performance issues
- Come up with solid technical solutions to ambiguous technical problems affecting multiple products
- Smoothly and successfully execute cross-platform initiatives, set milestones for a team, and proactively ensure all core goals are hit, even if plans need to be changed to do so
- Accurately estimate large projects involving challenges including major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration or difficult technical requirements
- Maintain and grow a strong engineering culture
What We're Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience managing business critical consumer websites and services
- Experience managing an engineering team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Production experience with microservices and cloud architectures using the following technologies: Terraform, Docker, Python, Node, Go, SQL and NoSQL DBs.
- A seasoned AWS practitioner of services like CloudFront, Route 53, ELB, ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and adheres to the principle of infrastructure as code
- Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies
- Experience in a test driven culture
- Passion for building resilient solutions at scale
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.