|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
CBRE Build is a highly independent innovation team with engineering centers in NYC & SEA tasked with bolstering the strategic advantage of the world’s largest commercial real estate services company through technology. By delivering innovative products using modern best practices we are steering CBRE into the future. We enjoy significant autonomy with our technology and product decisions while benefiting from the resources of a Fortune 500 business.
We value Collaboration, Individuality, Iteration, and Trust and have a mission to help people in and outside of the real estate world make better decisions about space through user-centric technology built with a curious, inclusive spirit.
We seek an experienced, hands-on leader to help us scale our team and our products. You will build and lead a team of engineers that embrace our iterative approach and open source stack, while supporting our collaborative and inclusive culture.
Using the technical expertise you’ve developed as a software engineer you will lead engineering innovation initiatives that enhance our ability to build awesome products. You will identify and address technology and process improvements that enable your team to thrive.
This position reports to a Director of Engineering located in Seattle.
- Increase the team’s inclusivity and diversity via managing a diverse top-funnel pool of candidates
- Attract and retain top engineering talent to CBRE Build Seattle in accordance with our business plans and to support our development needs.
- Lead team of 6-10 engineers
- Writing, reviewing and architecting software
- Support the career growth of the team by establishing career growth plan with each direct report
- Manage performance of direct reports by providing timely feedback, holding monthly 1:1 meetings and writing semi annual performance reviews
- Actively participate in tech lead and management meetings
- Contributes to the tech culture and team values of CBRE Build across NYC and SEA
- Collaborate with Product Management to execute on product objectives
- Lead engineering innovation initiatives to push the envelope of what we can do today; Introduce new technologies / ideas to the organization that can unlock and enable new capabilities.
- Promote a learning organization and lead tangible, measurable improvements to our development and deployment cycles.