|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
Looking for an experienced Software Manager! This position will be responsible for the management and direction of the embedded firmware and software teams.
- Mentoring, you will act as a technical mentor when appropriate and make suitable recommendations for mentorship otherwise.
- Recruiting, you will be active in the recruiting process from needs assessment at the beginning of the process to applying standardized reviews once hired.
- Perfromance Reviews, you will be responsible for coordinating performance reviews and in turn collecting feedback from the relevant employees. You will have a significant role in monitoring development of the employees in your section.
- Career Development, you will work with program managers to set and monitor career objectives of each section member and in turn understand the strategic objectives to provide development recommendations.
- Design, implement, and debug firmware and software on embedded platforms using C code
- Work with command-line development tools
- Create and maintain a detailed design documents
- Support other functional groups in collaborative efforts
- BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 7+ years of professional experience in an embedded software/firmware development role
- 3+ additional years of professional experience in leading a development team as a team lead or manager
- Experience working in RTOS or Linux
- Must be able to develop and mentor a diverse staff
- Good written and oral presentations skills are a must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.