|Location||Pinellas Park, FL|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2019|
SNI Technology is currently searching for a Software Engineering Manager who will direct and manage the design, development and support of a dynamic software engineering team and lead engineering projects. A resource that will engage in technical design discussions and drive technical architecture. Manage multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with the highest quality standards.
This is a permanent position with competitive compensation, performance bonus and dynamic benefits!
- Partner with engineering peers and product leaders to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to our customers
- Hire and manage software engineers; assign, direct, and evaluate their work/performance
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions; syntheses complex problems and present simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions
- Drive strategic alignment of system specifications, associate requirements, and project schedules of technology services
- Collaborate with QA, product, User Experience (UX), technical support and PMO teams
- Support preparation of technology roadmap and provide input to business roadmap
- Monitor new technologies and trends within the industry
- Improve technology agility using REST, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, micro services, behavior driven development, Test Driven Design (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), and everyday code push to production, etc.
- Drive root-cause analysis of critical business and production issues to prevent future occurrences as well as review/approve potential solutions
- Enhance the software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices and processes
- Track cross team dependencies and optimize delivery process
- Ensure the career development, satisfaction and productivity of the engineers on your team
- Identify future technical needs and create plans to meet them
- Provide input to help us continuously grow and improve
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related technical field
- At least 6 years of professional technology work experience
- 2 years' experience in building complex, highly scalable, high volume and low latency applications
- At minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in an enterprise level environment
- Extensive experience building services using: object-oriented programming and associated design tools C#, .NET, WPF, XML, SQLCE.
- Exposure to REST, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, micro services, behavior driven development, Test Driven Design (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), and everyday code push to production, etc.
- Experience with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill
- Experience with functional and reactive programming for backend services
- Exposure/Familiarity with RDBMS, NoSQL and/or Big Data technologies
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical group