|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2019|
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The software engineering manager will oversee and guide a team of software engineers who work on the development and enhancement of casino management software. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will interact heavily with our internal teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Manage and prioritize the workload of your engineers
• Actively promote the on-time completion of projects
• Work closely with product management to determine feasibility of product features and provide alternatives when necessary
• Keep interest and excitement levels high, inside and outside of the department
• Set measurable objectives for the team and individual reports and guide to achieve them
• Constantly look for better processes for projecting and improving project profitability
• Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies by all
• Actively lead or participate in resolving key issues that impact the performance of the team
• Contribute to sales activities, customer development, proposal development, and closing sales
• Present creative solutions to internal teams when possible
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in software development experience
• Experience as a lead
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Excellent communication skills - able to communicate effectively with technical / non-technical personnel
• Able to pass a Security Background Investigation
• 3+ years of supervisory/management experience
• Experience with open source technologies
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams (i.e. US and China)
• SQL Server knowledge.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.