|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2019|
Software Engineering Manager (Java)
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Position Type: Contract and/or C2H (based on candidate preference)
Hourly / Salary: BOE!
Vaco Technology is currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager for a Contract and/or C2H (based on candidate preference) located in Fort Worth, TX. The Software Engineering Manager will primarily be responsible for supporting a team that is focused on systems support (break / fix, etc.) and legacy system remediations and/or rewrites. The Software Engineering Manager will lead Agile Software Development Lifecycle projects and are responsible for software delivery meeting the scope / quality / time / budget requirements. The Software Engineering Manager will be a technical and people management role where the ideal candidate will also be technically proficient. The Software Engineering Manager should come from an extensive background in development combined with excellent analytical skills, business acumen, communication skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts, etc.
- Provide Technical Solutions / Manage All Aspects of Software Services Technical Delivery
- Manage Resources / Capacity / Demand / Production Support Escalations, etc.
- Partner with Business / Technical Partners to Deliver / Progress Application Roadmaps
- Evolve / Champion / Enforce Agile Operating Principles / Processes
- Maintain System Hygiene / Compliance & Regulatory Process Adherence / Create Strong Operational Processes
- Develop Strong / Trust-Based Relationships with Critical Internal / External Partners
- Promote / Challenge Internal / External Partners Towards Continuous Improvement
- Partner with Program Management on Articulation / Ingestion of the Teams Work
- Manage / Adjust the SDLC of the Team / Products
- Support Consulting Engineering Teams / Business Partners, etc.
- Design / Architect More Complex Solutions
- Software Engineering Management (5+ years)
- Java / J2EE | Cloud / IaaS / PaaS | SOA / MicroServices, etc.
- Deployment Tools - Maven / Jenkins / Git / BitBucket / JUnit / RLM / JIRA
- Relational / NoSQL Databases - Oracle / SQL Server / DB2 / MySQL / Mongo, etc.
- SpringBoot MicroServices Design / Support
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Deployment) Pipeline / BDD (Behavior-Driven Development)
- Messaging Protocols / Tools - REST / JMS / MQ / RabbitMQ / Kafka / Solace
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform) / AWS (Amazon WebServices) / Netflix OSS
- Linux Operating Systems (exposure)