|Location||Santa Ana, CA|
|Date Posted||November 24, 2019|
Johnson and Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Software Engineering Manager to join our New Product Quality Engineering team, located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The manager is expected to support projects that are based in both Santa Ana, CA and Milpitas, CA. This is a technical role that will involve extensive review of software/firmware architecture, design and code that have been established by the R&D Software and Electrical Engineering teams.
- Collaborate with R&D’s embedded software engineers, system engineers and UX designers.
- Challenge the software/ firmware architecture and design.
- Perform code reviews.
- Facilitate the defect management process.
- Partner with developers to align on unit and integration testing strategies.
- Review Test Protocols, Test Cases and Test Reports.
- Review and approve all software specific technical documents for acceptability.
- Manage junior engineers and testers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Experience writing code that controls electro-mechanical systems is required.
- 7+ years with C/ C++ is required.
- 5+ years with embedded software is strongly preferred.
- Software/Hardware integration and interface protocols experience is strongly preferred.
- LabVIEW experience is a plus.
- Experience with cameras, motor/instrument control, or image processing algorithms is preferred.
- Experience with medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, Git, DOORS or similar platforms is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in the English language required.
- This position is located in Santa Ana, CA and may require up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)