|Date Posted||April 9, 2019|
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Software Engineer consultant for a contract opening with one of our Fortune 500 Financial clients located in Bloomfield, CT!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Software Engineer in Test - Coaching Job Description
We are looking for an individual that has technical mindset and has the ability to learn new technology and how it will impact the industry. Someone who can implement and maintain automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. You will work closely with Software Developers, DevOps engineers and other quality engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing automated test bed against our hardware and software platforms, estimating test efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking and partiating in day to day testing activities in order to mentor other team members. You will also add to our company's performance and scalability testing efforts. This can also include the writing of specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
- Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation
- Understands when to automate and when not to
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team
- Can identify code smells and work with scrum team to address quality issues in product code
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality
- Support SAFe adoption initiative across the enterprise that impacts software development, delivery, security and quality.
- Evangelize technical strategies such as Quality, DevOps, Resiliency and modular architecture with stakeholders across various development, operations and quality teams at various levels of SAFe.
- Work with Product and Delivery teams to drive adoption of modern capabilities across the enterprise and change the way delivers software.
- Stay deeply connected with the industry in order to understand disruption and how that disruption can be focused to meet 's goals.
- Identify new technology as it surfaces through the coaching work and provide input into the DevOps CoE backlog for new feature enablement.
- Incorporate Service Virtualization, Test Automation, CICD, Code Quality, Test Driven Infrastructure, Test Data Management, Change Management, Release Management tools and processes towards a Continuous Delivery Model to help realize the vision of Release when Ready.
- Mentor, coach and develop architects and engineers across the organization.
- Hands on experience on test script development and automation on multiple platforms.
- Experience in at least one of the Test case management and Defect Tracking using tools like JIRA, Rally, Quality Center, MS Excel.
- Experience scaling and expanding existing automation frameworks built for Web Applications, Middleware and Backend, Desktop and Mainframe applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to perform root cause analysis of complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in tools such as FitNesse, Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT, Gitlab, DevTest, ReadyAPI, Jenkins, Gatling, TestComplete or similar open source tools
- Demonstrated experience in implementing or expanding frameworks such as Selenium Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Rest Assured, JBehave or similar
- Demonstrated experience in database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or similar.
- Building testing environments on demand through cloud technologies desired
- 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language like Java EE, .NET, Ruby
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Good understanding of testing and development techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals are a plus
- Knowledge of Mainframe applications is a plus
- Expertise with DevOps and Test Automation
- Innate ability to leverage data to drive decisions
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science