|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Full Stack Engineer consultant for a contract opening with one of our Fortune 500 Healthcare clients located in Bloomfield, CT!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Full Stack Engineer
Leading Health Services Company is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
- In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. Should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
- In addition to delivering on business value as part of a team, this person will be responsible to help mentor the team to become a full-stack engineer. Also will work with the Director of the area on a special project related to proactive monitoring of the large sets of data that flows into the Corporate Warehouse.
- Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Passion to learn
- Take ownership and accountability
- Understands when to automate and when not to
- Desire to simplify
- Be entrepreneurial / business minded
- Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or kanban
- 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO languages
- 2+ years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
- 2+ years of Angular/React
- 1+ year of Big Data SQL. Working with marquee clients is a plus.
- Proficient in GIT and Jenkins
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment in close collaboration with DevOps
- Familiarity with Rally is a plus
- Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Cognos/Atscale tools is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus