|Date Posted||October 4, 2019|
**C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Title: Sr. Engineer, Software Engineering (Specialty)
Location: O’Fallon, MO
Duration: 24 months
Job Description Summary
MDES is looking for strong, innovative Sr. Software Engineers to assist in developing Client next generation of Digital Payment products that change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for developers who can bring unique perspectives and innovative ideas to all areas of the SDLC, and are interested in continuing to improve our platform through the ever changing technology landscape. In this role, you will work on multiple projects, which are critical to Client role in the Digital Payment Space, leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry and micro service architecture.
An ideal candidate is someone who works well with a cohesive team-oriented group of engineers, who have a passion for developing software, who enjoy solving problems in a challenging environment, and who have the desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Client standards, processes and best practices.
• Participate in and lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to Client staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Client standards.
• Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities.
• Develop CI/CD pipeline (using Git, Jenkins, and Artifactory) and provide governance and support for the application development groups
• Bachelor''s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Back end Java Development
• API- Restful Services
• Automated Unit Testing (J Unit)
• Spring MVC
• SQL skills- Ability to work with tables, views, and stored procedures
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector.
• PCF- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Spring Boot
• Spring Cloud
• Jersey for JAX-RS
• J2EE Design Patterns
• Apache Camel
• Active MQ
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)